You’ve heard all the buzz about this sunny, aromatic spice – but have no idea how to incorporate its magic into your dishes to extract the most out of the flavor components. Your search ends here! Turmeric hails from India, where it is considered a sacred part of Hindi culture. A beautiful partner for infusing soups, stews, curries, marinades and more! It’s citrusy aroma does justice to no end. In this post, we will help you get acquainted with this colorful root by showing you how to store it, prep it and create an incredible dish.
We will be covering the most common form of turmeric purchased in the USA, ground spice.
– Turmeric shines its brightest when paired with multiple spices and of course, fresh herbs.
– Common spices tend to be on the warm side, these include: cinnamon, ginger, and black pepper.
– It’s also often paired with coconut milk to create rich and creamy Indian curries, or bring the warmth to a comforting stew.
– It can easily add a pop of bright color to your rice just by adding ½ teaspoon into the water while cooking.
– Just by adding 1-2 teaspoons into ANY soup recipe will add a golden hue to the end result of your dish!
– One of the most common ways to consume it is as a tea, latte, or what’s commonly called “golden milk”.
This recipe is extremely simple to make as it utilizes any vegetables already existent in your kitchen! You can throw in potatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, onion, garlic, carrots – the world is your oyster.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Serves: 4 people
Some notes on the recipe:
The curry keeps well in the fridge for 3-5 days in an airtight container. Reheat thoroughly before serving.
“Better Than Boullion Vegetable Paste” is a staple for a flavorful stock base in this dish, but of course, good ol’ fashion stock will do as well! Just be sure to season well as the paste carries a lot of the salt in this dish, hence lessening the need for more seasoning.
Most Importantly, taste everything as you build your dish!
You know your palate best, you know how much heat you can take and how much salt you prefer, so be bold with what feels true to your tastebuds!
Here at All American Seasonings, we create incredible custom blends to celebrate every unique palate. As you embark on cooking out of your norm pantry staples, let us help create this smooth transition and accommodate a blend to your needs and likes.
Copyright © All American Seasonings. All rights reserved.